• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

CPU Usage At 28632788.5% Used And More

EricHamby

Basic Pleskian
Was trying to export a DB and was getting a error. Read on the forums to restart the server and sure enough this did fix the error.

However... Now i am seeing some massive numbers on my system usage page. I have a 2nd server running the same version which was running fine also. I restarted it and its now doing the same thing.

86871422819471130120.jpg

What is your Plesk version? As far as I remember it was fixed in 11.5

Yes. Sorry, I have checked and found that bug #114471 is not fixed yet.

The problem in that we do not convert jiffies into percent. CPU plugin report data as JIFFIES, not percent.

From collectd FAQ http://collectd.org/faq.shtml()
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Why don't the CPU states sum up to 100%?
Because the CPU plugin does not collect the CPU usage in percent, but rather in "jiffies". A jiffy is the time-unit which the scheduler in the operating systems uses to manage run times of applications. Under Linux, the default configuration is to have 100 jiffies per second, which leads many users to believe they're getting a percentage. You can, however, configure your kernel at compile time to use 250 or 1000 jiffies per second, usually resulting in a more responsive system but IO-throughput is decreased. Especially on busy systems, virtual systems and systems with a "tickless kernel" there may not always be the exact number of intended jiffies in one second, resulting in the variance you've notice in the graphs.
By the way, that you see this issue in collectd but not in other similar tools is due to the fact that collectd collects data much more frequently. Over the timespan of five minutes these variations usually even out pretty good and you're being sold a percentage but actually get - jiffies…
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:
It seems the problem still persists with plesk 12.5, right?

I wonder if modifying /etc/sw-collectd/collectd.conf, by adding those lines would help:
Code:
<Plugin cpu>
    ReportByState true
    ReportByCpu true
    ValuesPercentage true
</Plugin>

On the other hand, the conf file states that it should not be modified, since it is generated.

Any idea what could solve this?

Back