• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question CPU Utilization limit for domains/subscriptions

Moataz Muhammad

New Pleskian
Dears,

Last night a was facing a high CPU Usage process by apache, PHP-FPM, MariaDB I have used the CPU limitation of Plesk and it worked fine until I found one of the domains using 80% of CPU. so then would you please recommend the best CPU limitation per domain if I have 4 vCPUs?

Thank you.

The limit depends on the number of websites you are serving. There is no general solution to this that fits all.

The limit depends on the number of websites you are serving. There is no general solution to this that fits all.

I have 10 websites per server, would you please tell me the exact recommendation of cpu limit?

And If possible would you please tell me how to calculate it.
Thanks in advance.

As mentioned before, there is no general solution. If nine of the websites don't experience much traffic, it is very well possible to leave the major part of cpu power to the remaining one. If all experience a lot of traffic and consume a lot of cpu power, each should be limited to 1/10 (or less, because you need to take into account that the server itself needs some cpu power left for other business). There simply is no exact recommendation.

I have 10 websites per server, would you please tell me the exact recommendation of cpu limit?

And If possible would you please tell me how to calculate it.
Thanks in advance.
there's a chance this may be what you are looking for:

Back