• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Create a SRV Record for TS3 in Plesk Oynx?

EH.Nathan

New Pleskian
Hello, I've looked into this for awhile and I can not figure out how to get an SRV Record for TS3 to work in Plesk Oynx. Right now my TS IP Address would be my.ip.com: port but with an SRV record i'd like to get rid of the port entirely so it would be my.ip.com. Any help on this subject would be appreciated. Thanks

SRV's are inherently port based. It's part of the spec. Are you hoping that you can just point your client to your domain and have it auto-discover the server?

I have successfully created an SRV record for TeamSpeak on Plesk by doing the following:

Make an A name and make it ts.(yourdomainname) and then using the following SRV information:

f8b1e74160.png

Just make sure you enter the correct port of your TeamSpeak Server.

SRV's are inherently port based. It's part of the spec. Are you hoping that you can just point your client to your domain and have it auto-discover the server?

Plesk's implementation of SRV records is out of spec.

According to the RFC's the target host is allowed to be empty (only a dot). This is not possible with Plesk. This to propagate that this service is not available and should NOT be used.

The port number can also be 0 according to RFC, this is only possible with Plesk's CLI command, not with Plesk's GUI.

Back