1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Create, delete and create again mssql database problem

Discussion in 'Plesk 9.x for Windows Issue, Fixes, How-To' started by AlphonseD, Jun 1, 2009.

1. AlphonseD

AlphonseD Guest

I have created a new mssql database, then deleting the domain that contains this database. I create again the domain, and when I want to create the database with the same name (psynem_org), it is impossible (Plesk says that this database already exist).
    In plesklog_delete_errors20090527.log, I found :
    2009/05/27 15:18:34:303 1236 3476 Error during turning off domain: Impossible d'ouvrir la base de données "psynem_org" demandée par la connexion. La connexion a échoué.

2009/05/27 15:18:39:749 1236 3476 Error while removing domain databases: Delete database user failed: Database 'psynem_org' cannot be opened due to inaccessible files or insufficient memory or disk space. See the SQL Server errorlog for details.
    0: plib\DatabaseManagerMSSQL.php:52
    DatabaseManagerMSSQL->dropUserImpl(string 'psynem', string 'psynem_org')
    1: plib\DatabaseManager.php:105
    DatabaseManager->deleteDatabase(object of type Database)
    2: plib\class.PhDomain.php:450
    PhDomain->reset(integer '0')
    3: plib\class.PhDomain.php:233
    PhDomain->delete()
    4: plib\class.BsDomain.php:357
    BsDomain->delete(integer '0')
    5: plib\class.BsDomain.php:543
    mdeleteDomains(array)
    6: htdocs\domains\removeDomains.php3:47
    require(string 'F:\Parallels\admin\htdocs\domains\removeDomains.php3')
    7: htdocs\plesk.php:46

I have Windows 2008 SP2 and Plesk 9.0.

The database doesn't exist under MSSQL (verified with SQl Management studio).

Any idea ?

2. Flagg

Flagg Guest

Hello,

Please check if the domain database is still registered in the Plesk database:

"%plesk_bin%\dbclient.exe" --direct-sql --sql="select * from data_bases where name="psynem_org";"

If there is, delete it with:

"%plesk_bin%\dbclient.exe" --direct-sql --sql="delete from data_bases where name="psynem_org";'"

Just in case, I would recommend a backup of the database before doing this.

3. AlphonseD

AlphonseD Guest

Fine

Thanks a lot : it's exactly the solution (except the simple/double quota but it's peanuts !)

4. Paul Wakeman

Paul Wakeman Guest

Why do databases get orphanded?

We have the same issue with Windows 2008 Server, Plesk 9.2.1. Is there a reason these databases get orphaned?

Thanks!