• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Create, delete and create again mssql database problem

A

AlphonseD

I have created a new mssql database, then deleting the domain that contains this database. I create again the domain, and when I want to create the database with the same name (psynem_org), it is impossible (Plesk says that this database already exist).
In plesklog_delete_errors20090527.log, I found :
2009/05/27 15:18:34:303 1236 3476 Error during turning off domain: Impossible d'ouvrir la base de données "psynem_org" demandée par la connexion. La connexion a échoué.

2009/05/27 15:18:39:749 1236 3476 Error while removing domain databases: Delete database user failed: Database 'psynem_org' cannot be opened due to inaccessible files or insufficient memory or disk space. See the SQL Server errorlog for details.
0: plib\DatabaseManagerMSSQL.php:52
DatabaseManagerMSSQL->dropUserImpl(string 'psynem', string 'psynem_org')
1: plib\DatabaseManager.php:105
DatabaseManager->deleteDatabase(object of type Database)
2: plib\class.PhDomain.php:450
PhDomain->reset(integer '0')
3: plib\class.PhDomain.php:233
PhDomain->delete()
4: plib\class.BsDomain.php:357
BsDomain->delete(integer '0')
5: plib\class.BsDomain.php:543
mdeleteDomains(array)
6: htdocs\domains\removeDomains.php3:47
require(string 'F:\Parallels\admin\htdocs\domains\removeDomains.php3')
7: htdocs\plesk.php:46

I have Windows 2008 SP2 and Plesk 9.0.

The database doesn't exist under MSSQL (verified with SQl Management studio).

Any idea ?

Hello,

Please check if the domain database is still registered in the Plesk database:

"%plesk_bin%\dbclient.exe" --direct-sql --sql="select * from data_bases where name="psynem_org";"

If there is, delete it with:

"%plesk_bin%\dbclient.exe" --direct-sql --sql="delete from data_bases where name="psynem_org";'"

Just in case, I would recommend a backup of the database before doing this.

Fine

Thanks a lot : it's exactly the solution (except the simple/double quota but it's peanuts !)

Why do databases get orphanded?

We have the same issue with Windows 2008 Server, Plesk 9.2.1. Is there a reason these databases get orphaned?

Thanks!

Back