• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Create/Update domain/subdomain change default site

Azurel

Silver Pleskian
I have report this two years ago for plesk 12.x and still its exists in 17.8.11 Update #51.

I have set in "Tools" > "IP adress" IPv4/IPv6 = "NONE".
Everytime I create a domain or update a domain like apache&nginx settings, the "default site" is set to this changed domain. Please stop this nonsense. The default site should not change!

I can't confirm this issue. I just checked our servers (CentOS 7, Plesk 17.8.11 Update #51) and they all have:

Tools & Settings -> Tools & Resources -> IP Addresses -> <IP>:
The IP address is distributed as: "Shared"
Default site: "None"

Is this the setting you're describing? Perhaps your server configuration is different in some way?

Anyway, was a bug report number assigned when you've first reported this? In case it wasn't, I suggest reporting a bug again, with detailed information on how to trigger this behavior.

Last edited:
I just saw your older thread in regards to this, so let me just confirm, this only happens on IPs that are set to be dedicated?

Tools & Settings -> Tools & Resources -> IP Addresses -> <IP>:
The IP address is distributed as: "Dedicated"
Default site: "None"

It was default "Dedicated" and I never change this. I'm the only user creating or updating subscriptions/domains. All subscriptions have me alone as subscriber.

The docs IP Addresses Management don't really explain the advantage of "dedicated" or "shared" to me. Maybe it should explain the disadvantage of both options too or explain why there are two options necessary at all. ;)

Back