• Please be aware: Kaspersky Anti-Virus has been deprecated
    With the upgrade to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.64, "Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Servers" will be automatically removed from the servers it is installed on. We recommend that you migrate to Sophos Anti-Virus for Servers.
  • The Horde webmail has been deprecated. Its complete removal is scheduled for April 2025. For details and recommended actions, see the Feature and Deprecation Plan.

Question Creating a "noreply" mail account?

Azurel

Silver Pleskian
Hello,

I want to create a mail account that does not accept incoming mails, only sends them and accordingly I want to send back a MAILER-DEAMON that this address does not accept mails. How to implement this with Plesk or is this not possible?

You can't set 0 KB, because 0 stands for infinite. Even if I set 1 KB, the mailbox got 8 KB content. In my case, I get a mail with a MAILER-DEAMON, because
The email account that you tried to reach is over quota.

How can I empty the noreply mailbox without create a pop account?

The solution is to not to create any mailbox by that name and to set the "What to do with mail for non-existent users" on the "Mail Settings" of the domain to "reject". Then all mail directed to "no-reply" will be rejected.

You can still send emails using the no-reply address, because you can freely define the sender part of the address even if you use a different mailbox login for mail-out authentication. So you will be sending the mail through another mailbox, but the visible sender part will be set to no-reply@... . Sender address and mailbox for authentication can be different.

Thank you for pointing this out. I would have suspected that this leads to problems and the mail is perceived as spam address. Also because we specify the login data for the mail address in our system.

There is no function to empty a mailbox? We have a mailbox that receives newsletters and is now 1 GB. The newsletters are almost all outdated and the space is therefore unnecessarily occupied and continues to grow. And this is not the only one.

Hi Peter,
I have a similar problem but the process is a bit different... I have a wordpress plugin that sends a mail to a plesk mailing list to distribute the mail to the contacts. The problem is that the mail that the contacts receive have as senders the mailing list mail address. This means that if they reply to the sender every contact will receive the reply. I can't find a way to add a noreply sender in the mailng list address. Is there a way to solve the problem?

Back