• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please beaware of a breaking change in the REST API on the next Plesk release (18.0.62).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62, requests to REST API containing the Content-Type header with a media-type directive other than “application/json” will result in the HTTP “415 Unsupported Media Type” client error response code. Read more here

Question creating a server instance for Jenkins CI/CD

ChristianTF

New Pleskian
I have a centOS 7 and I have already a domain on there. However, I am in the process of changing the back end and ready to get it on the domain. the old one is `example.loading.com` and the new one will be `api.example.com`. I am worried because at the moment even after setting up a dedicated ip address so I can ssh in. The `api.example.com` is still listed as a vhost of the `example.loading.com` I fear that this is going to interfere with the current server that is running on it, if I need to update anything or move stuff around, etc. How can I create a separate server instance? Plesk docs just say to add a new domain.

this is important as the docs of Jenkins say it's best to have Jenkins running on a separate server

After I ssh in to the new domain I type `$ node -v` and it shows the version on the old server. How, can I create a dedicated server, or, will I need to create a new account? thank you

I think there is some confusion here...

Plesk as such does not enable you to set up a new dedicated server as that means setting up some hardware in a server rack somewhere first. What Plesk can do is set up and manage a new user account or a new domain name on an existing server instance, or, let you run and manage a Docker instance, at best. If that is not enough for your needs, you'll need to resolve this in some other way.

Do you actually need to run Jenkins on a separate server?

Perhaps if you describe your current server setup and describe your requirements, someone might be able to offer more specific advice.

Back