1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Creating FTP Account - No Password

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by antiheld2000, Jan 9, 2008.

1. antiheld2000

antiheld2000 Guest

hi,

sorry, that i'm posting this without doing a real search, but the search result page is not working, why ever, it's blank.

when i'm trying to create a new client and want to create an ftp account for him, i get the following errror msg:
    so what do i have to do?

it ist an virtual server from 1und1 webhosting germany if this is interesting for some reason.

thx
    anti

2. dirty@

dirty@ Guest

such character devices may be created with `mknod` command, see man for details if you want to create it manually.. however probably this means that system files in your virtual server are corrupted somehow, so that it may be better if you ask your provider to check this..

3. antiheld2000

antiheld2000 Guest

it was a provider problem. reboot -> working. thank you.