• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

creation utilities for slave nameserver setup

G

Gisele Grenier

Here is the scenario.
I need to setup 300 domains for backup DNS only - no hosting, no mail and the dns is set as slave.

I'd like to use the Plesk command line utilities - I have the documentation and I'm a little unsure. I'm going to have one text file with all the domains listed as below (example only) and then run it as a script so I don't have to do it one at a time from the CP.

./domain.sh --create "abc.com" -clogin "clientname" -hosting false -dns ??? -mail ???
./domain.sh --create "def.com" -clogin "clientname" -hosting false -dns ??? -mail ???
./domain.sh --create "ghi.com" -clogin "clientname" -hosting false -dns ??? -mail ???

this is where I'm stuck. First not sure if I can create a domain with no hosting, no mail and dns as slave at once.

I want to create the domain, but want to be able to enter the master nameserver x.x.x.x
these entries I'm created will have DNS type set as slave.

Hopefully this makes sense to someone :)

Gisele

Back