• Please be aware: Kaspersky Anti-Virus has been deprecated
    With the upgrade to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.64, "Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Servers" will be automatically removed from the servers it is installed on. We recommend that you migrate to Sophos Anti-Virus for Servers.
  • The Horde webmail has been deprecated. Its complete removal is scheduled for April 2025. For details and recommended actions, see the Feature and Deprecation Plan.

Issue Crisis after trying to rename my domain, import .sql backup, 503 errors across all hosts

kinesis

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
Plesk version and microupdate number
Plesk Obsidian Version 18.0.62 Update #2, last updated on July 25, 2024 06:34 AM
I ran the command
plesk repair all -y

It put the user/group restored through the /var/www/vhosts

But now on site wide my status is 503 error for all vhosts I try to access.
I accidentally did chown <>:<> /var/www/vhosts and messed up the original ownership/group of these directories

after doing the Plesk repair command line it restored the owner:group but the503 error is on all my vhosts now..

all of this originated from trying to rename my site, which it got buggy and wouldn't do.

If after the repair I get 503's what is left to do?
What to do? I tried this. and it worked at 403 error
Plesk Repair Kit reports the warning: There are files or directories with suspicious permissions in the root directory of the domain
.. and it is not working
What is wrong and how do I fix it?

there is no .htaccess file in one of the folders xxxxx.com/httpdocs that I am trying to restore, I checked error_log in logs/error_log and it says Unable to check htaccess file. etc .. What if there is no .htaccess file in the /var/www/vhosts/<domain name>/httpdocs/? What do I do to get rid of the 403 error?

Probably permissions of the path are wrong. The document root of a website should be owned by <username of subscription>:psaserv and have permissions 0750. The files and directories in the document root directory should be owned by <username of subscription>:psacln. The directories located in /var/www/vhosts must be owned by <username of subscription>:psaserv and have permissions 0710. With these exceptions: chroot, default, .skel, system. These must e root:root and for default, .skel and system permission must be 0755.

Back