• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Cron issues

CoreyC

New Pleskian
Hi All,

Plesk 10.4.44 & Ubuntu 10.04 - we are experiencing an issue with cron. The per-user cron entries are running fine... The /etc/cron.* crons never run.
Syslog indicates run-parts hourly, weekly.. whatnot, but none of the scripts in /etc/cron.* run.

Running them manually from the command line works great, even running them as "env -i /bin/bash --noprofile --norc". I changed all the hasbangs from sh to bash and still no change, even made a simple script in daily 00bs to copy a file and that failed.

Manually running run-parts /foo works great as well.

After realizing our plesk scripts have not run for over a year, then fixing all the issues those scripts reported - and getting clean run reports from them, we have noticed cron is just broke!

Also the anacron path is correct, nor do they run without the anacron header. Why is anacron required anyway... I would much rather use vixie cron, but there is no package in apt for this. Under gentoo, I have always used vixie and never had an issue with cron.

At this point I am out of things to try so I am open to input.

Thanks

Back