• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question /cron/plesk.sh can't be created (how to create?)

tollube

New Pleskian
Hi,
I tried to create a cron job that automatically updates the dns for a specific subdomain.
However - the command "./cron/plesk.sh" when executed the first time created a directory "cron" with a file plesk.sh inside and the file had content.
But I couldn't make Plesk run that file via the task planner. It always said: plesk: command not found.
So I modified the plesk.sh file to run '/sbin/plesk db "query"' instead of 'plesk db "query"'.
Now the file is not working anymore, and when I deleted the folder with the file and tried to create it again.
When I run the command "./cron/plesk.sh" now it just says: "-bash: ./cron/plesk.sh: file or directory not found"

How can I create the /var/www/vhosts/mydomain/mysubdomain/cron/plesk.sh again?

Thanks in advance!
Lukas

It looks like that you try to run this script under chrooted environment. These KB articles may be useful for you:

Also, just in case, I would advise you to rename the script so that its name does not conflict with the system utility 'plesk'.

Back