• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Cron - The IP was already used ... ?

JmRy

New Pleskian
Hello,

Since a few days I get every day a mail from my server:

Cron <root@ns> /usr/bin/kcarectl --auto-update --gradual-rollout=auto
The IP 79.137.XX.XX was already used for trialing on 2018-11-22

Plesk 17.8.11 installed on Ubuntu 14.04.5 LTS

Important: The KernelCare extension is not installed

Only its extensions are installed:
  • Wordpress Toolkit
  • Let's Encrypt
  • Dropbox backup
  • Firewall
  • Advisor
  • ImmunifyAV
  • Immunify QuicPatch
  • GG Authenticator
  • Webserver Configuration ...
Thank you for your answers ;)

@IgorG I did all purge commands for this extension. Result => "The extension kernelcare-plesk is not installed."

This message has appeared since the last Plesk update.

The server has been running for several months, and KernelCare as deleted since November 2018

As a workaround, remove the following file manually:

# rm -f /etc/cron.d/kcare-cron.rpmsave

OR

# rm -f /etc/cron.d/kcare-cron

In this case, I can only suggest you contact Plesk Support Team for deep investigation and fixing this issue directly on your server.

I also had this problem but found that disabling the extension wasn't enough, I had to go to My Extensions, KernelCare and actually remove it.

Hope that helps

I completely removed it too, but still getting emails from Cron Daemon saying : The IP ******* was already used for a trial license on 2018-08-28

I completely removed it too, Upsers but still getting emails from Cron Daemon saying : The IP ******* was already used for a trial license on 2018-08-28

I can only suggest you contact Plesk Support Team for deep investigation and fixing this issue directly on your server.

Last edited:
Back