• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Cron via smtp

DHR

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
AlmaLinux 8.8 (Sapphire Caracal)
Plesk version and microupdate number
Plesk Obsidian 18.0.56,
Hello,

For several days now, the email notifying the end of a task has gone straight to spam.

I read that NO_RELAYS means that this email does not go through SMTP, so I imagine that's the problem.

Is it possible to force passage via SMTP?

Regards,
---------------
account75

UID3185-1665757203

mysite.com; dmarc=fail (p=QUARANTINE sp=NONE) smtp.from=mysite.com header.from=mysite.com

SpamAssassin 3.4.6 (2021-04-09) on mysite.com

No, score=0.0 required=7.0 tests=NO_RELAYS,URIBL_BLOCKED autolearn=ham autolearn_force=no version=3.4.6

(qmail 380191 invoked by uid 10000); 22 Oct 2023 17:46:50 +0200

text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1";

The message goes to the spam folder because DMARC validation failed (and the domain policy is quarantine the message). It's indicated in the header of the email with the line below.
mysite.com; dmarc=fail (p=QUARANTINE sp=NONE) smtp.from=mysite.com header.from=mysite.com

DMARC validation usually fails when the envelop sender (also known as the Return-Path) is different from the sender used in the FROM header of the email.

Is the FROM address different from the Return-Path address shown in the header of the email?

Unfortunately, I cannot intervene on the header of the email sent by the application!

Back