• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Cronjob notices issue after obsidian upgrade

sorry, I do not know what to do...
Hi Dennis. Almost everything that you need is already in this thread. We did say: "...the post by @mizar is the one you need" and "...The post by @Ales was more useful than our last post if you ran those commands" about which @Ales then reminded you... :D Still, now you have data after running those additional commands, plus if you run some detailed searches for conf.d/zend_extensions_psa.ini you will find more useful & relevant information too. To be fair @IgorG did say "...I'd suggest you contact Plesk Support Team or hire experienced Linux administrator" which probably, may have been a better approach than post #20 above, but it doesn't matter as there is another option.

To receive specific, professional, detailed help for this specific issue (not Linux Administration) you don't need to "...hire someone" (sic) Instead, you can easily raise a ticket HERE That's direct with Plesk Support, who are both very efficient and very helpful. You can add a link to this thread and its content so far, within the ticket. We have used Plesk Support several times & whatever the issue has been, they have always fixed it / provided a workaround :)

sorry, I clicked on the plesk support link and again, I clicked on "get help directly from plesk" and I was taken to a page that said that if I had an issue with plesk, I need to get help from my VPS provider who buys the plesk liscence.

sorry, I clicked on the plesk support link and again, I clicked on "get help directly from plesk" and I was taken to a page that said that if I had an issue with plesk, I need to get help from my VPS provider who buys the plesk liscence.
Yes, that's the correct proceedure, it's is taken from your Plesk Licence Key. So submit your ticket that way, that's okay.

Or, you can work around this, post your own tickets etc, but you'll need your VPS provider's prior involvment first to allow this. Just explain what you want to do and why. We have cloud servers (not VPS) but we did exactly this, well over 2 years ago now. It saves a lot of time as there's no middleman time involvment penalty. It's only $10.00 USD per month paid by you (if you choose run a active subscription) but it needs a few e-mails between you and your VPS provider** to start it off. **But they might say no with it being VPS

Last edited:
I will try again with my VPS support,
Plesk support will not work cause if I submit the liscence key, it tells me to contact my provider
and my provider told me to contact Plesk
can't win.

When I feel better, as I am ill, I will try support one more time.
thanks

I had good luck, My VPS support sent my plesk problem to Plesk, since its a result of an update. anyway. I will report back after its fixed (if they tell me what they did, or if they even fix it)
thanks

OK

I just heard back from them
but I am an idiot on this

I could use someone to interpret this? It sounds that I can delete something?

and do I really Need the Zend Package?

anyway, here is what Plesk told me, and I put in one of the results of a command they told me to first run:

Thank you for contacting Plesk Technical Support.

The error indicates that Zend package is not compatible with installed OS PHP version, to find package name please use:
rpm -qf /usr/local/Zend/lib/ZendExtensionManager.so

------------------
(I ran this command above and this is what I got:
login as: root
[email protected]'s password:
Last login: Sun Oct 27 06:12:54 2019 from 201.192.166.147
[root@server ~]# rpm -qf /usr/local/Zend/lib/ZendExtensionManager.so
file /usr/local/Zend/lib/ZendExtensionManager.so is not owned by any package
[root@server ~]#
----------------------

And then you need to remove it completely or install version that works with OS PHP. It might be also needed to remove that .so file from includes here:
grep ZendExtensionManager.so /etc/php.d/*

__
additional info: I asked them if I can just delete Zendextensionmanager and I think I can, I do'nt use it
I never heard of it nor what it does

Last edited:
NO. If you delete the file or the entire directory containing it, without editing the configuration file that calls it, your web server will fail to start.

I'm contemplating if helping you in this way is even the correct thing to do, or if one should simply insist that you should hire someone to do the work *properly*. I get the feeling that we are not doing you any favors, really, as you seem to be blindly trying this and that, without understanding what is being done. This is a dangerous situation you're in.

Stop at this point and think what you should do.

That being said, if you wish to see this through, the command Plesk support gave you to run, "rpm -qf /usr/local/Zend/lib/ZendExtensionManager.so" is basically the equivalent of the one I told you to use, "yum whatprovides /usr/local/Zend/lib/ZendExtensionManager.so".

Both gave you the same result: the file does not belong to a package.

In other words, the entire software that the file belongs to was installed manually, not through a package manager. That makes it a bit harder to uninstall.

Furthermore, another command I told you to use already pointed to where the file is being called from, but you've missed it.

Just to make it clearer, run:
Code:
grep -R ZendExtensionManager.so /etc

...report back and someone will point it out exactly. This is a crucial piece of information.

I ran the command above:
here is the result:

[root@server ~]# grep -R ZendExtensionManager.so /etc
/etc/php.d/zend_extensions_psa.ini:zend_extension=/usr/local/Zend/lib/ZendExtensionManager.so
/etc/php.ini:;zend_extension=/usr/local/Zend/lib/ZendExtensionManager.so ; moved to conf.d/zend_extensions_psa.ini by Plesk
/etc/php.ini.saved_by_psa.06.30;16:58:;zend_extension=/usr/local/Zend/lib/ZendExtensionManager.so ; moved to conf.d/zend_extensions_psa.ini by Plesk
/etc/httpd/logs/error_log-20191013:Failed loading /usr/local/Zend/lib/ZendExtensionManager.so: /usr/local/Zend/lib/ZendExtensionManager.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32
/etc/httpd/logs/error_log-20191013:Failed loading /usr/local/Zend/lib/ZendExtensionManager.so: /usr/local/Zend/lib/ZendExtensionManager.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32
------------------------------------

this resulting line below was repeated dozens and dozens of times

after reading a reply from Plesk support
it seems that by deleting this file below, it might solve the issue?

file /usr/local/Zend/lib/ZendExtensionManager.so is not owned by any package

PS: I never installed the Zendextensinmanager manually.

the issue of emails started right after the plesk update to Obsidian

Well, there's your answer, right there in the results of the command you've ran...

Edit the file:
Code:
/etc/php.d/zend_extensions_psa.ini

and put a semicolon at the beginning of the following line:
Code:
zend_extension=/usr/local/Zend/lib/ZendExtensionManager.so

so that it becomes:
Code:
;zend_extension=/usr/local/Zend/lib/ZendExtensionManager.so

Please do not delete any files on your server. ;)

well this is interesting:

I was all set to edit this file
but........my .Plesk today had an update , many updates. I looked at what they were and none of them seemed to have anything to do with Zend or my issue. So I installed all the updates, and guess what? No more emails? The hourly emails stoppped.

so then I went to try the edit you suggested at:
/etc/php.d/zend_extensions_psa.ini

the file does not exist.

even the directory 'php.d' does not exist under /etc/

so I guess the plesk updates have changed something to the Zend files?

thanks
Dennis

It's shown in the Obsidian Change Log >>> Plesk Obsidian General Availability Update 1 (GA 18.0.20) / Linux / Plesk no longer sends the Plesk administrator hourly cronjob failure notifications if one or more PHP extensions fails to load. (PPP-45265) Pretty handy timing for you @Dennis Oppelt :)

Yes, I see that now, I missed that
yes, I was lucky, but I'm sure the edit would have worked too,
thanks for all the help

Back