• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Curl error: (6) Couldn't resolve host name

floh

Basic Pleskian
Server operating system version
Debian GNU/Linux 10 \n \l
Plesk version and microupdate number
Version 18.0.56 Update #1
Hi,

I'm facing multiple issues with the Plesk Server that it cannot resolve while performing daily tasks, such as creating backups. The recurring problem seems to be related to Curl's inability to resolve.

For instance, here's an example of the issue I'm encountering:
Unable to delete the incomplete remote backup. Error: Failed to exec pmm-ras: Exit code: 124: Transport error: unable to check file existence: Curl error: (6) Couldn't resolve host name: Last FTP request: Last FTP response:

I've already double-checked the nameserver settings, and they appear to be correct. I can successfully ping and use the dig command for everything, including the host that automated processes (like backups) are failing on.

Do you have any insights into what might be causing this issue? Any assistance with troubleshooting would be greatly appreciated.

Best regards,
Floh

Please check the settings of /etc/resolv.conf

Try adding
Code:
nameserver 127.0.0.1
Code:
nameserver 8.8.8.8
and comment everything else like
Code:
# nameserver 127.0.0.53

You mean /etc/resolv.conf should have those both lines:
nameserver 127.0.0.1
nameserver 8.8.8.8

Not sure if it matters, Plesk is running as primary Nameserver (synced with 2 secondary nameserver on different machine) for the Domains hosted by Plesk. Does it matters?

I'll try that at weekend because currently there is a live-event running now.

Best regards
Floh

You mean /etc/resolv.conf should have those both lines:
Yes. Comment out all other lines with nameserver x.x.x.x

8.8.8.8 is Google DNS Server.
It is intended for testing purpose if 127.0.0.1 still does not work.

Not sure if it matters, Plesk is running as primary Nameserver (synced with 2 secondary nameserver on different machine) for the Domains hosted by Plesk. Does it matters?
bind9 should work with nameserver 127.0.0.1 for resolv.conf

@TorbHo I'm not sure if this is related to your problem but there is a bug after updating Plesk to 18.0.56 where the Plesk panel interface PHP secure curl functions do not work properly unless the Plesk panel interface is restarted. We are seeing this issue with our Plesk extensions as the curl functions like license checks, Maxmind downloads don't work unless the panel interface is restarted. You can fix this using the command:
Code:
systemctl restart sw-engine && systemctl restart sw-cp-server

Hi, sorry for the late reply. The issue has been resolved, and it was due to the wrong nameserver (authoritative), which I replaced with the correct one (recursive). Since then, all DNS-related issues have been resolved.

Thank you for your replies.
Best regards,
Floh

Back