• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Custom cgi outside of the default cgi-bin

D

David Boyle

Hi All,

Hoping someone can help me here, as my problem is no doubt caused by something quite simple and possibly staringly obvious, its just that I cant seem to identify it!

I'm trying to get a cgi script to run outside of the cgi-bin of the website, but am getting a 500 Internal Server error.

I'll explain the situation, basically I have created a script alias in my vhost.conf file for the site concerned, and creted a copy of the test.cgi script from the default /cgi-bin/test/ folder of the website into the folder that i have scriptaliased fro the purposes of testing. I've changed the owner ond the group of the test.cgi script to match those of the original that I copied. The alias is working so far as the script is hit when the url is browsed to in a web browser, but a 500 Internal Server error is displayed. I'm farily sure that it is something to do with permissions, but cant quite put my finger on it can someone who has been here before please point me in the right direction.

Thanks in advance,

David

Back