• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Custom define( 'WP_PLUGIN_DIR' ...) in wp-config.php can sort interfere badly with cloning process

ArmReu

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu 20.04.5 LTS
Plesk version and microupdate number
Plesk Obsidian v18.0.49_build1800230110.16 os_Ubuntu 20.04 with WP Toolkit version: 6.1.2-7079 (Web Admin Edition)
Hi!

I literally by accident found out that the existance of a custom define( 'WP_PLUGIN_DIR' ...) in wp-config.php sort of ruins the clone process as it is not checked for and is 1:1 taken to the new close which mich cause the wordpress installation to act strange or even be broken as this even happens when you clone a site into a completely different domain.

Perhaps it would a good idea to check wp-config.php for check entries and offer the user a dialog how to deal with them.

Hi, i'm having the same issue, but with renamed wp-content directory.
Not only Backups via WP Toolkit are failing, but also e.g. applying security measures regarding the wp-content permissions.

In case the "renamed" directory is the reason - is there any way to make WP Toolkit respect such a configuration?

Both of you are doing non-standard Wordpress stuff, so problems will be immanent and they will not only occur with cloning the site. I assume that renaming wp-content is done for some sort of false assumption that this could improve security? It's really not recommended to do such things.

Thanks for your reply! In this case it's not renamed with the intention to improve security.

In Wordpress development at least it seems to be a good practice to not hardcode "wp-content" etc.
I'll use the standard in order to use the WP Toolkit features then :)

Back