• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Custom error pages

knowntobe

New Pleskian
I have done some google/forum searches but so far cant find the solution to my problem

I want to setup custom error pages on my sites. After enabling custom errors in my package settings I go to Home > Subscriptions > package > Websites & Domains > Virtual Directories > Domain.com > Error Documents
I click 404 from the list of error codes, I now have a drop box to select : Default, File, URL. Everything I have read says I need to put in a url relative to my site/page. In this case I have a page called 404.asp. So I put in /404.asp and get :

Error: Wrong URL format. Please enter an absolute URL within the virtual host (site).

I tried putting in a full absolute url i.e. http://www.site.com/404.asp and that doenst work either. It does up a 302 redirect in IIS7 though but thats about it

if I go to the site directly in IIS and set up /404.asp it works fine as expected. I was using helm before plesk and in that I just set the relative path (/404.asp) so Im not sure why this is such a pain to get working, or why it isnt more clear what I need to put in the box (if Im doing that wrong).

if you are with me so far....
my 404 page has a response.code = "404" to tell search engines etc the page doenst exist. In helm, on IIS6 this works fine but on IIS7 with plesk it does not. It refuses to load at all.
I believe this is because Plesk sets up the custom page to be "Respond with a 302 redirect" using absolute url in IIS 7. If I leave the response.code in my code, it wont work, if I take it out, it does.

so my questions are :
- why cant I put in a relative url i.e. /404.asp?
- why does plesk setup a 302 and not "Execute a url on this site" in IIS 7?

Im using plesk 11 on windows web 2008, with IIS 7.5

no help for this at all?
plesk seems to be a nightmare to use compared to Helm, wish they offered help licences on VPS/Dedi's instead of Plesk :(

Back