• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

custom (horde) webmail screens?

R

rossgile

I'm using the default webmail application (Horde) that comes with Plesk.

Can I customize each domain's webmail login screen? Right now, the Horde webmail screen is the same for all my client's webmails. Not every exciting.

- rg

Yes it can be done. If you know anything about php coding it's fairly easy to follow. But every time you update Plesk, all your changes will be overwriten.

I'm not sure which OS you are using, but for RedHat you want to change the following in /etc/psa-horde/horde/registry.php

Find the line: 'name' => _('Horde');

and replace with:

'name' => _(preg_replace('/^webmail./', '', $GLOBALS['HTTP_SERVER_VARS']['SERVER_NAME']) ),

That should change the 'Welcome to Horde' message to 'Welcome to domain.com'

great. it worked.

now it shows "Welcome to <domain name>"

now if I can add some kind of company logo, that would be cool.

- rg

I'm not exactly sure but I think you can play with the templates in /usr/share/psa-horde. Look for the folder for the theme you are using. You can determine which one you are using by checking /etc/psa-horde/horde/prefs.php. Look for the section that starts:

// UI theme
$_prefs['theme'] = array(
'value' => 'YOURTHEME',

Try checking /usr/share/psa-horde/templates/login/login.inc.

I'm pretty sure this is the file you need to add your image to. But I think any image you put there will show for every domain.

On Plesk 7.5.2, on CentOS 3.5 (RHEL install), the path of the registry.php is dirrerent, can someone confirm this?

# vi /home/httpd/vhosts/webmail/horde/config/registry.php

Current rights;

-r--r--r-- 1 root root 12590 Apr 16 21:02 /home/httpd/vhosts/webmail/horde/config/registry.php

'name' => _("Horde"),

replace by

'name' => _(preg_replace('/^webmail./', '', $GLOBALS['HTTP_SERVER_VARS']['SERVER_NAME']) ),

Won't i mess up my config?

The diffence in the location of registry.php is due to your plesk version. With 7.5.4 they moved it to the location posted here before. That being said, it will not mess up your config if that's all you change.

Hi,
I tried to do "Welcome to <domain name>", but my registry.php permission is 444, I also tried chmod 777 registry.php, but it didn't work. So how can I solve the problem please?

Many thanks,
Regards,
Joe

I tried this on Plesk8 and all I get is "Welcome to". The domain is missing. Any ideas?

To change the "welcome to Horde"

When the above mentioned registry.php change doesn't work.

change this line in /usr/share/psa-horde/imp/login.php :

$title = sprintf(_("Welcome to %s"), $registry->get('name', ($imp_auth) ? 'horde' : null));

with

$rest = substr($_SERVER['SERVER_NAME'], 8);
$title = sprintf(_("Welcome to %s"),$rest);

---

Will make the greeting- "Welcome to domain.com" - with domain.com being whatever domain's webmail is being called.

---

To remove (or replace) the default horde logo, edit the common-footer at /usr/share/psa-horde/templates/

I was the originator of this ticket and started seeing the same problem "Welcome To" with no more domain. So...... I see that someone else had the same problem. Thanks guys for keeping this ticket current.

- rg

You may be interested in HordeSkinsPlus which includes an add-on module for Plesk that lets you customize all of these features from within the Plesk control panel. It also skins horde to completely match the Plesk interface and will work on each domain individually.

Check out the website here: http://www.sarito.com

Back