• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Custom PHP/Apache/Nginx directives in panel

anebi

New Pleskian
Hi hi,

In Plesk 12.0.x I was able to add for each domain custom apache/nginx/php directives and settings directly in panel.

After upgrade to 12.5 I don't see those text fields anymore and I am not able to manage the configs directly from the panel. Instead of this I need to put configs in vhost.conf, etc.

Is this functionality removed from Plesk 12.5 and if no, how can I get it back?

I rather prefer to manage these things from panel, because it is much faster.

Thank you in advance!

Regards,
Ali Nebi

Hi Ali,

The functionality surely hasn't been removed from 12.5
Are you saying that you click "Apache&Nginx Settings" button and not seeing any text fields for configs? Or how exactly you concluded you cannot edit the settings?

Thank you for your reply Sergey.

Yes, this is what i meant. When I click on Apache & Nginx Settings I see only radio buttons for handlers, etc, but I don't see the text fields for apache and nginx where I can add custom config for both.

If i click to PHP Settings is same. I can see default params and I can change them, but I don't see the text field where I can enter custom php settings.

Maybe I am missing permission in Service plan itself that disable these features.

Hi Ali,

The functionality surely hasn't been removed from 12.5
Are you saying that you click "Apache&Nginx Settings" button and not seeing any text fields for configs? Or how exactly you concluded you cannot edit the settings?

As far as I know there is no way to disable these fields by some kind of permissions for subscription. It looks like that your upgrade was not completed successfully. Try to repair it with

# plesk repair installation

at least.

I started repair command and It finished ok. Logs doesn't show any problems, repair was successful, but problem still exists. It is strange one.

Do you have the same behaviour with other browsers? Have you tried to clean browsers cache?

I checked all my servers where I have plesk 12.5. It is same on all of them. Those text fields for custom apache/nginx/php options are not visible. This includes also clean 12.5 installs.

Yes. It is same on all browsers. I tried with cookie/cache cleaning completely. Disabled all plugins in browser in case there is conflict. Same situation.

Do you have disabled "hosting management" permission in subscription?

No, disabled options in Permissions tab are as follow:
Anonymous FTP management
Log rotation management
Java applications management
Hosting performance settings management
Hard disk quota assignment
Remote access for database users

Ok. I did one more test with full settings and permissions for a test plan and what happens is following. I created a subscription and assigned it to that test plan. Then this subscription was assigned to admin account. When the subscription was part of admin account, then I was able to see the custom params fields. Next I changed subscriber for this domain to another customer. Again with admin account I go to manage this domain, but now those custom options fields are not there.

So this happens only when I go to manage domains owned by another subscribers. If I am the owner of the domain as admin, then I can see the fields. I still need to test If i login with customer account in plesk if the fields will be visible for it.

I just did a test when I am logged in with customer account. These accounts are not able to see the custom params fields. It looks like these fields are visible only to admin and only to his own subscriptions.

Yes, only admin can manage these settings. I thought that you are logged in as admin.

I am logged in with admin and manage the customers subscriptions using that admin account. But once i click on Manage ... domain, i am logged in probably as a customer and then all these fields are not visible.

Click on subscription name instead of Manage in Customer Panel

Back