• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Custom PHP / PHP Handler

Markus_Eyrich

Basic Pleskian
I upgraded 3 Plesk Installations, 2 9.x Versions and one 10.x Version, all went well but i got one installation where i installed a custom php version and registered it using the handler, but i can't choose it in plesk. Even the handler said "success" while adding it and everything looks fine, i can't choose. Any hint where i can start to search for the problem ?

regards,

Markus

Did you use /usr/local/psa/bin/php_handler utility to register?

What is the output of
# plesk bin php_handler --list

You may also try to execute
# plesk sbin packagemng --set-dirty-flag
and then go to UI again.

As i said, i did everything the same way on all machines, but this one, no go. I also removed and readded the handler, no chance.

Output of php_handler list:

Code:
id:  display name:  full version:  version:    type:                           cgi-bin:                           php.ini:  custom:
  5.4.16-custom  5.4.16-custom         5.4.16       5.4  fastcgi  /usr/local/php540-cgi/bin/php-cgi  /usr/local/php540-cgi/etc/php.ini     true
            cgi         5.3.25         5.3.25       5.3      cgi                   /usr/bin/php-cgi                       /etc/php.ini    false
        fastcgi         5.3.25         5.3.25       5.3  fastcgi                   /usr/bin/php-cgi                       /etc/php.ini    false
         module         5.3.25         5.3.25       5.3   module                   /usr/bin/php-cgi                       /etc/php.ini    false

Setting the dirty flag didn't do the trick. Any more ideas?

I do. It works now, was my stupid fault. I used nginx and fpm to serve php, this is only supported under PHP 5.3, so i couldn't choose a handler.

Correct, you cannot use multiple PHP versions for php-fpm. (But you may install pretty much any php-fpm version, provided it is high enough.)

Back