• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Custom Plesk URL still references old domain

sarah_azm

New Pleskian
Hi, I'm quite new to Plesk so please bear with me.

I have a server with a Plesk license from Zap Hosting that I bought a couple months ago, but am now planning on switching to another web host server completely. I want to use the same domain I had set in Plesk (domain1.com), however I cannot reclaim it because the Plesk URL still references domain1.com even after I changed it to a placeholder domain (lets call this domain2.com) and thus domain1 is still considered 'taken'.

I already changed the Hostname to domain2 on both Zap and Plesk, but right now accessing domain1.com brings me to the Plesk default page, and visiting <IP Address>:8443 gives me a message to visit domain1.com:8443 instead to avoid SSL warnings. I've also made sure to remove all references and traces of domain1.com in Plesk and in the database, so I'm not exactly sure why my custom Plesk login has not updated to the domain2.

Hoping someone has an idea of what I may have done wrong in the process. All I need is for domain1 to be freed again. Thanks!

Hi,

Which service is responsible for DNS for that domain? Registrar or Plesk? Have you checked/changed settings on the Registrar side for that domain? Maybe this article ( How to use DNS with a Plesk server) could be helpful to find out the issue.
Hello, thanks for the link!

The domain's DNS is managed by Plesk, and I've already checked the settings on Zap. After reading the article, I wonder if the issue is because the DNS hasn't been propagated yet?

Back