• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

custom .qmail files

D

donat.mueller

Hi ,

In Plesk 6 i used to have a custom .qmail file to strip some of the email headers.
Now with Plesk 7.5 Reloaded the .qmail files are overwritten every 30 minutes or so.
How can i prevent psa from overwriting my file or can a change a temlate ?

Regards,

Donat

I am enjoying the same problem. I've added a lines which filters SPAM before forwarding email to an external address. This line keeps getting overwritten...I need it to stick.

Any ideas out there?

Thanks

I've added ar root crontab which overwrites zhe files every 10 minutes.

That seems like a clunky solution since mail will surely come in during the time between overwrites.

Is there a way to have a second .qmail configuration file which is also read (like httpd.include)?

I don't understand why Plesk would overwrite these files regularly. What purpose does that serve? (Is it looking out for its own mistakes?) I could understand an update when mail settings were changed...but otherwise...

Anyone?

Well, here's one option.

Set the .qmail file as immutable:

>chattr +i .qmail

It's not perfect since once you set the .qmail file as immutable you will not be able to make any email changes to that user from within Plesk. But Plesk will give you a nice little error message which reminds you to go in and change it manually.

My original intent was to filter email on a single account through SpamAssasin before forwarding it to an external address. I am using 4PSA's SpamGuardian, and unfortunately redirected email is not filtered for spam, only local email is, which is the reason for the custom .qmail file.

Is this possible in Plesk's version of SpamAssassin? Maybe I'll change...

Thanks...

On second thought, don't do that. It just caused me tons of problems. mchk will choke on this, long after you've forgotten what you did, and bring down most of your mail system.

Feature request: ability to customize .qmail files!

DC

Originally posted by donat.mueller
Now with Plesk 7.5 Reloaded the .qmail files are overwritten every 30 minutes or so.

If it is done on a regular time interval, then it is most likely a cron job installed by psa that does this.

I would suggest: find that cron job, see what it does, check if it breaks things when you turn it off.

If it breaks to many things: put in your own cron job a minute after the psa one runs

regards
Jan

Looks like it's probably their cron script

/usr/local/psa/admin/bin/insert_odeiavir

which, of course, is encrypted. It's the only standard PSA cron which (on a fresh install) would be touching the .qmail files.

Run schedule is 10 * * * *

Then i know the reason and that explains a lot.

insert_odeiavir is to insert a line that hands mail over to the viruskiller. So you propably have drweb add-on.

If they use insert_odeiavir then you can do that very easely yourself and at NO COST (or very little). Nothing like what plesk is asking for it.

search this forum for odeiavir. There is a lot in it in the plesk 5 threads.

I use it since plesk 5 and together with F-Prot for linux, cost: 29$ per server per year.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/odeiavir/

I could not find that file, but it is probably a good idea to take odeiavir anyway instead of drweb, it costs a lot less and you can use 8 different virusscanners if you wish to.

regards
Jan

Back