• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Custom Vhost file not working for SSL

Qau mana

New Pleskian
Hi guys, I have this domain on plesk /var/www/vhosts/system/xxxxxxx.com/conf/httpd.conf. I cannot edit it because it says that
#ATTENTION!
#
#DO NOT MODIFY THIS FILE BECAUSE IT WAS GENERATED AUTOMATICALLY,
#SO ALL YOUR CHANGES WILL BE LOST THE NEXT TIME THE FILE IS GENERATED.
#IF YOU REQUIRE TO APPLY CUSTOM MODIFICATIONS, PERFORM THEM IN THE FOLLOWING FILES:
#/var/www/vhosts/system/xxxx.com/conf/vhost.conf
#/var/www/vhosts/system/xxxxx.com/conf/vhost_ssl.conf
I have tried /var/www/vhosts/system/xxxxxxxxxxx.com/conf/vhost.conf and this /var/www/vhosts/system/xxxxxxxxx.com/conf/xxxxxxx.com.conf. I have also tried /var/www/vhosts/system/xxxxx.com/conf/vhost_ssl.conf and /var/www/vhosts/system/xxxxx.com/conf/xxxxxx.com_ssl.conf. But nothing is working if i change the main plesk file then SSL certificates are working. Currently plesk is running on 12.5.30 Update #59, last updated at Jan 31, 2017 03:13 AM. CentOS 6.8 (Final)‬. If the plesk is updated to some other 12 version, then Is this configuration file will get replace? It would be great if some one could help me out in finding the solution. Many thanks!

What exactly is the change to the vhost configuration that you require?
Hi Peter,
Thanks, I have done changes in this file /var/www/vhosts/system/xxxxxx.com/conf/httpd.conf. The changes are
#SSLCertificateFile /usr/local/psa/var/certificates/certzbLwc8d
SSLCACertificateFile /root/certificates/gs_root.pem
SSLCertificateChainFile /root/certificates/intermediate.pem
SSLCertificateFile /root/certificates/www.xxxx.com.crt
SSLCertificateKeyFile /root/www.xxxxx.com.key

So this is nothing more than a normal certificate installation. I suggest to not to modify the configuraton file directly for that. Instead, use the GUI "SSL/TLS" function to upload the certificate, because that will make sure that anytime the domain is reconfigured, the correct certificate settings are placed into the configuration file.

GUI > Tab "Websites & Domains" > Icon "SSL/TLS Certificates" > Link "Add SSL/TLS Certificate"

Scroll down a little to the sections where you can either upload your private key, certificate and ca certificate files or copy & paste the content of your certificate files into the text areas. Then click "Upload Certificate" underneath the form.

Back