• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please beaware of a breaking change in the REST API on the next Plesk release (18.0.62).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62, requests to REST API containing the Content-Type header with a media-type directive other than “application/json” will result in the HTTP “415 Unsupported Media Type” client error response code. Read more here

Customer and Business Manager free...but not?

Slavik

Basic Pleskian
Just got my new root server online from 1and1 today. Log in and start all the usual updates and get a nice notice on the dash telling me about Customer and Business Manager to manage my customers and its free.

So, i trundle along, install the updates, install the Customer and Business Manager and all seems happy.

However, when I then go to start trying things out, upon trying to add a customer it informs me that I have no valid licence and to go buy one.

So what is it? Free or not? And if it is free, where do I get my licence? And if it isn't, why did the notice tell me it was?

Did you try contact your sales representative with these license related questions? It is in his responsibility.

There was no sales rep, I just ordered the server off the 1and1 website, then ran a server re-image to change it from centos with sb pannel to centos 5 with plesk 10.

Well I rang up 1+1 and they said plesk 10.2 was mistakenly giving out these licences and infact we needed to buy them from parallells and that they dont offer the billing addon.

But if you check http://www.parallels.com/products/plesk/features/billing/ then click on buy from a partner, 1+1 is listed. Granted it is only a reseller list for Parallels Plesk Panel 10, but why put a link on the billing addon to a list which isnt accurate for that addon.

I give up.

Back