• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Customer and Business Manager free...but not?

Slavik

Basic Pleskian
Just got my new root server online from 1and1 today. Log in and start all the usual updates and get a nice notice on the dash telling me about Customer and Business Manager to manage my customers and its free.

So, i trundle along, install the updates, install the Customer and Business Manager and all seems happy.

However, when I then go to start trying things out, upon trying to add a customer it informs me that I have no valid licence and to go buy one.

So what is it? Free or not? And if it is free, where do I get my licence? And if it isn't, why did the notice tell me it was?

Did you try contact your sales representative with these license related questions? It is in his responsibility.

There was no sales rep, I just ordered the server off the 1and1 website, then ran a server re-image to change it from centos with sb pannel to centos 5 with plesk 10.

Well I rang up 1+1 and they said plesk 10.2 was mistakenly giving out these licences and infact we needed to buy them from parallells and that they dont offer the billing addon.

But if you check http://www.parallels.com/products/plesk/features/billing/ then click on buy from a partner, 1+1 is listed. Granted it is only a reseller list for Parallels Plesk Panel 10, but why put a link on the billing addon to a list which isnt accurate for that addon.

I give up.

Back