• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Customized app auto-provision WordPress theme / plugins

Maggew.com

New Pleskian
Can you please point me into the right direction?

How do I control which theme / plugins are auto-installed and activated when the provision extension is being used for a hosting service?

Thanks!

Hi Maggew,

If you're talking about the APS Autoprovisioning extension, I'm afraid there's no way to autoprovision plugins and themes with WordPress now. We're planning to add this functionality to WordPress Toolkit in the future. Can you tell me more about your scenario so I can make sure we're doing the right thing?

I create blueprint using ServerPress WordPress want that to be default. Just upload backup file (or something similar) and that file is imported during WordPress automated creation. A person should be able to define during automated setup:
  • pre-activated plugins
  • a theme
  • pages
  • media
  • etc..
There are many angles you can take and improve upon.

--

I was also thinking, create area for auto provision in new package options where one could select dropdown, for an existing WP installation, and if that is made default, that WP site is replicated during provision of specific package #1.

Last edited:
Hi, I think there must be configuration options like;
  • Default Wordpress Language (Most importantly!)
  • DB Prefix
  • Default Blog Name
  • Default Blog Description
And e-mail functionalty to send login information to client.

Thanks.

Back