• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Daily mails regarding Let's Encrypt, no certificate used

ReneRoth

New Pleskian
For quite some months now I've been getting mails with the title "Let`s Encrypt certificates for [real name of administrator] have been issued/renewed".

The following domains of [real name of administrator] (login admin) have been secured with Let`s Encrypt certificates:

* 'topleveldomain.com'
- webmail.topleveldomain.com

The following Let`s Encrypt certificates for [real name of administrator] (login admin) have been renewed:

<none>

I am getting one of these mails daily, but at completely random times. The mentioned domain is a redirect domain belonging to a website with a different master domain. It does not have any SSL certificates set up, but the master domain has a Lets Encrypt wildcard certificate which I manually (Cloudflare...) renew every few months.
How can I find out what is causing these mails to be generated? It's mildly annoying.
Thank you :)

Plesk Support provided me with a solution!

This domain is part of the webspace masterdomain.com, it has an option "Keep secured" enabled. When such an option is enabled Plesk automatically tries to issue a NEW certificate for all domains which are not currently secured. Please note, that this option does not affect certificate RENEW, meaning once you issued a certificate it will be automatically renewed even this option is disabled.

To manage this option in Plesk interface you need to switch to Service Provider view: on the bottom right choose Change View> Switch to Service Provider View. After that go to Subscriptions > masterdomain.com > Customize > Additional Services >SSl It - change here to "None".

This should stop automatic daily attempts to issue a certificate for a domain topleveldomain.com and webmail.topleveldomain.com

Back