• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Data backup or restoration is in progress

mrcjc

New Pleskian
I keep getting the following message on my Plesk control panel for one of my domains, it seems to happen every 24 hours:

Warning: The subscription is temporarily unavailable because the data backup or restoration is in progress. Please try again later.

This in turn generates a 503 error on the site:

Service Temporarily Unavailable
The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later

I was able to find a KB article suggesting to run the following command:
/usr/local/psa/bin/domain --on yourmaindomain.com

This appears to fix it for 24 hours or so, however it keeps coming back. I have checked in the control panel for any scheduled backup jobs but there is none. I am completely unsure what is being triggered to keep causing this result over night. So every morning I am having to login and run the command above just to get the site to work for the day! =/

Anyone know what could be causing this?

@mrcjc

I am not sure what exactly happens, but it is very likely to be one of the following three:

- you missed a (scheduled) backup when inspecting the control panel: this would be a backup with the "suspend" option activated (in this case: just uncheck the "suspend" option)
- a former (scheduled) backup has not been completely removed (in this case: have a look at the crontabmng command, see options with the --help flag)
- some cron tasks are running together with the backup task and/or the backup task uses a lot resources (in this case: see below)

Anyway, have a look at the directory /usr/local/psa/PMM/logs and the log file pmmcli.log in particular.

Any "unwanted" execution of processes, related to the backup (including restoration) should result in some entry in that directory and/or log.

You have to do some "nitty gritty" search work, in order to identify the troublesome backup process and the domain it occurs on.

After that, you can just alter the backup task via the Plesk Panel and/or a SSH console (in various ways).

Hope the above helps a bit.

Regards

Back