• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Data Disappearing from Plesk PSA Database

Mike Legg

Basic Pleskian
A couple of days ago a whole lot of data disappeared from one of our PSA databases!

I first noticed something was wrong when the "Activate mail service on domain" was greyed out for all domains on the server, and that some of the options on the Mail Settings page were saying "not supported by the mail server" when I know for a certainty that they are.

So I went to "Settings" >> "Server Components" and I saw that when the page reached the "Java" option it errored and didn't load any further.

When I looked at the "components" table in the PSA database a whole lot of entries were set to "not installed" when they should have had proper values.

I manually re-entered the missing "components" data from a backup from 2 days ago, and restarted Plesk for good measure. But when I restarted Plesk - the data disappeared again!

So we deleted and restored the entire PSA database from the last good backup, but as soon as we restarted Plesk the data disappeared again.

This means that many features within Plesk no longer work.

Has anybody experienced this before and is able to offer any suggestions on how to fix it?

Plesk 9.5.4
Windows 2008(32 bit)
Using MySQL for PSA DB

Last edited:
Even if I stay logged into Plesk, restore the missing entires to the "components" table and then go to the "Settings" -> "Server Components" page all of the data that I've restored to the "components" table reverts to "not installed".

Parallels Support fixed the problem.

They noticed several hung defpackagemng processes in task manager. They ended them all and everything works now.

Beats me why there were several hung defpackagemng processes, but if anyone else has this problem that appears to be the fix.

Back