• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Database and Files get deleted by itself?

J

just_guy

What can cause plesk to wipe everything clean?

I have 3 databases and i have over 17 GIGS of music and files on my site.

For some reason, Plesk just wipe out everything. However, it still showing that i have used up 17 GIGS of space. How can that be when i don't even have files stored on my server anymore unless it took my files and store it somewhere? Can my files be somewhere other then in server path of HTTPDOCS.

Im getting frustrated here cus my main website is gone and so as my subdomain website....All my databases are gone. I can't be designing my website again from scratch. So time consuming and not only that...members of my site will have to re-registered all over again. I've lost about 1000 plus members..

Anyhelp is much appreciated.

This is not a 'hard' answer, but more of a checklist

If it were me, I would do some or all of the following:

1. Restore from a full recent backup.

2. Check to make sure your hard drive is not suffering from bad sectors, bad bearings.

3. Check to make sure you did not run out of space on the drive.

4. Check to make sure you have not been rooted/hacked.

5. Use SSH and manually check to see if the files are actually gone.

6. Use phpMyAdmin or the mysql commandline to see if the databases are actually gone.

7. Plesk may still show 17 GB used since the statistics are only updated once per day.

8. Review ALL changes (additions, updates, upgrades) to ANY software packages done recently.

Back