• The new Python extension is now available. It allows customers to deploy and manage WSGI-based Python applications on their websites directly from Plesk.
  • Debian 11 has reached its end-of-life (vendor EOL date - August 31, 2026). Plesk Obsidian 18.0.81 is the last release to support it.
    If you are running Plesk Obsidian on Debian 11, we recommend you upgrade those servers to Debian 12 using our dist-upgrade tool.
  • We plan to deprecate and remove the support for XML RPC protocol versions earlier than 1.6.9.1 in Plesk Obsidian 18.0.82. We strongly recommend that you update all existing integrations using earlier versions of the XML RPC protocol to comply with the version 1.6.9.1 specification.

Issue File is not a database when trying to get to backup manager

sflwa

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu 20.04.6 LTS
Plesk version and microupdate number
Plesk Obsidian 18.0.53 Update #2
I'm fairly certain this is an issue on just my one server...

I login and go to Tools & Settings -> Backup Manager and it kicks me back out to Websites & Domains with the error - "Error: file is not a database"

I'm guessing a corrupt file somewhere but not sure where / what to uninstall / reinstall / repair
 
This has not been encountered on Linux before. We have seen a similar issue once on a Windows server, but it does not match Linux in any way.

You can try
# plesk repair installation

or maybe better open a support ticket right away so that an engineer can check it on your server directly.
 
@Peter Debik

Thanks - I tried that and have the same results - given that this is via AWS with the SE edition I'm just going to spin up a new server and migrate the content - I was having some other server issues anyway so this will be cleaner
 
Back
Top