• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Database Backup Feature Non-Existant

M

Michael Legg

According to the Plesk 9.5 documentation there is a feature that allows users to backup databases on their domains.

The problem is that the buttons referred to in the documentation either don't exist or are greyed out.

Is there something I have to do to enable this feature?

First of all make sure that client and domain's administrator have corresponding permissions.

First of all make sure that client and domain's administrator have corresponding permissions.

I've ticked every box on both the client permissions and the domain administrator access screens.

In the documentation it says -

To back up a database:

1. Go to Domains > domain name > Databases.
2. Select a check box corresponding to the database you want to back up and click Back Up. [THE "BACK UP BUTTON DOES NOT EXIST]
3. Specify the name of the backup file and click OK.
4. If you want to download the resulting backup file, click the file name on the next page after the backup process was finished. Specify the location where you want to save the file and click Save.
5. Click OK.

To back up all databases on a domain:

1. Go to Domains > domain name > Backup Manager > Database Backup Repository, make sure that All domain repositories is selected in the Database field, and click Back Up. [THE "BACK UP" BUTTON EXISTS BUT IS GREYED OUT]
2. Specify the name of the backup file and click OK.
3. If you want to download the resulting backup file, click the file name on the next page after the backup process was finished. Specify the location where you want to save the file and click Save.
4. Click OK.

Check in license Manager that your Plesk license has enabled option "Ability to use the backup functions".

Check in license Manager that your Plesk license has enabled option "Ability to use the backup functions".

The license manager says - "Ability to use the backup functions On"

Well. I can assume only two things now:

1. It can be related to some interface customization.
2. Backup possibility disabled directly on database servers (you can check it with performing some backups directly with database server).

Contact support team if it not help. They will find a reason much more fast and effectively with direct access to your server.

Hi

I've exactly same pbe, button backup is absent or GREYED OUT; do you have resolved this pbe ?

thanks a lot in advance
regards
antoine

I've found the problem. Since we're using a remote database server, we have to go to Home >> Database Servers >> [server name] >> Preferences and complete the details in the "backup" section for "Temporary Network Directory".

The notes say that this is a "Temporary directory required for backing up and restoring MS SQL databases. The directory must be accessible over network by both the Parallels Plesk Panel server and the MS SQL server."

Back