• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Database Backup on 9.5

C

CarlosT

Hi Guys i'm new using plesk

the support told me that if i create a backup with configuration and content selection
i will be backing up everything

but talking with a friend, he told me that i must also backup the database directly from the database module

is this true? or the configuration and content backup also contains the database for that specific domain?

thanks

Plesk provides opportunities for backing up and restoring nearly all hosting data, which includes its major objects: administrator account, settings for Panel-managed services, reseller accounts, customer accounts, subscriptions, websites, databases and mail accounts. For example, specifying the --only-hosting option results in backing up only website-specific data which includes the following, for each domain with physical hosting:

- website content (including protected directories, web users, MIME types)
- web hosting configuration (including settings of anonymous FTP, log rotation, hotlink protection, shared SSL, web users)
- installed site applications
- databases
- subdomains

thanks!

so just for me to be Cristal clear
if am doing a backup of content and configuration i should be saving all the above that you mention?

thanks again

Hi, My plesk version is 9.5.2 windows, I took backup through plesk- Backup manager option for entire server with all options(Data,db etc). In backup repository shows me the db backup in .tmp format. When i try to restore entire domain. Restoring only content not database, what could be problem. Can you please help me.

Recently our os was crashed and when i restored all domains and data from repository backup file. It was restored only data with out any databases . I am having both mysql and mssql servers. None of the server database was restored. I restored all db's manually.
Thanks in advance. Regards

Back