• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

database crashes periodically (caused by backup-script??)

Y

yeploler

hey...

I've send the following mail to the support... but without further success or a solution...

I'm having a "slight" problem with plesk.

My databases (mysql) seem to crash periodically because of the backup-process which is started by plesk automatically every few days. (I tried to de-activate all cronjobs starting those backups, but there must be still one I didn't found) This backup process seems to crash and is causing a high load above normal limits (more than 2.0 etc.) This can go on for a couple of hours, and the process is not coming back to a normal function, the only way to get the databases back online is to kill the process... followed by this kill, a http-perfork process starts and is doing some stuff to get the db back online... (I'm not sure if this process was named like that)

But after a while the databases get back online, if you previously killed the process which crashed.

In the forum I was told that this is a know bug and would be fixed with a new plesk version, but I was told that 2 versions before my actual plesk-version. I'm currently using the actual version 7.5.2

any ideas?

the plesk support has no =)
...the just "think" that somebody "might" work on a fix for this problem.... it's frustrating

Best regards, loler

Back