• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Database error: "is marked as crashed and should be repaired" fixed through Plesk?

Nonapeptide

New Pleskian
---------------------------------------------------------------
PRODUCT, VERSION, MICROUPDATE, OPERATING SYSTEM, ARCHITECTURE

psa-10.4.4-cos6.build1013111102.18.x86_64

PROBLEM DESCRIPTION

/var/log/messages is showing thousands of errors for various tables. The errors all say "
is marked as crashed and should be repaired"

STEPS TO REPRODUCE

N/A

ACTUAL RESULT

N/A

EXPECTED RESULT

No errors?
--------------------------------------------------------------

Question:

I am aware of how to handle this error using the mysql command as well as myisamchk command. However, is there a way to solve this problem using the Plesk control panel? I know that cPanel has the capability to run a check/repair on the MySQL databases. I am unaware of that ability with Plesk though.

Totally forgot about phpMyAdmin. Open the database in phpMyAdmin. To do that, go to your Plesk control panel, click "Websites and Domains," click "Databases," and then click the database in question. From there, click "Webadmin" under "Tools." You will most likely be presented with phpMyAdmin.

Next, click "Databases" in the upper right, click the database name, then scroll all the way down and click "Check All" to check all the tables. From the drop down menu, select "Check Tables" and your tables will immediately be checked. After that, you can decide which tables to select and choose "repair" from the drop down menu.

If you have shell access, run this:

# mysqlcheck --all-databases -u admin -p`cat /etc/psa/.psa.shadow` --auto-repair

PS: ADMINS: Please fix the forum so we can post more than one message per 5 minutes -- we could be helping each other more!
The following errors occurred with your submission:
This forum requires that you wait 300 seconds between posts. Please try again in 197 seconds.

This forum requires that you wait 300 seconds between posts. Please try again in 102 seconds.

This forum requires that you wait 300 seconds between posts. Please try again in 82 seconds.

This forum requires that you wait 300 seconds between posts. Please try again in 58 seconds.

(still waiting..)

This forum requires that you wait 300 seconds between posts. Please try again in 30 seconds.

This forum requires that you wait 300 seconds between posts. Please try again in 16 seconds.

This forum requires that you wait 300 seconds between posts. Please try again in 4 seconds.

If you have shell access, run this:

# mysqlcheck --all-databases -u admin -p`cat /etc/psa/.psa.shadow` --auto-repair

You perplex me ever so slightly because I mentioned that I know how to do this at the shell. My request for a Plesk-based, or at least GUI based way was so that clients won't have to much with a shell, nor would I have to give them access to one. The more pretty buttons that can be clicked, the less trouble there is.

PS: ADMINS: Please fix the forum so we can post more than one message per 5 minutes -- we could be helping each other more!
This forum requires that you wait 300 seconds between posts. Please try again in 197 seconds.

Quoted for truth. This method is to an anti-spam measure what landmines are for deterring door-to-door salesmen. Far better and more effective methods exist.

I'm sorry for not reading your original posting.. I should never post before several cups of coffee.. :)
You are right of course that some plesk button should exist, or better yet, that mysql automatically try this when some application tries to access the database.. -t

Back