• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Database Error or Bug

Anoop

Regular Pleskian
The issue is that when I was trying connecting to MS-SQL using Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio as a normal hosting account user, not using the root/administrator user. As a normal user when I tried to connect, the Management Studio, it is listing all the databases in that server not only that particular user's database.

It's actually out of privacy. When a normal hosting account user is entering into his/her SQL user account and listing all other clients databases. So what's the security it has. Even though that particular user can only view the database names, he/she can't access that database tables and all. But listing others database name, it's truly out of privacy.

So is there any solution to prevent that? I just want that, when the user enters into MS-SQL using the Management Studio, he should only view his databases and tables, not others.

Back