• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Database location

Stepster

Basic Pleskian
How do I move the location of the Web Presence Builder MySQL database?

In C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\sb\config I can see details for the database running on localhost.

I've copied this database and moved it over onto my MySQL database server and have amended the host, created a 'sitebuilder' user which has access to the database and also created a new password.

But when I bow try the 'demo' WPB I get a a webpage displaying an error 'This Object has moved'.

If I try one of my live webpresence builder sites via the panel, I get an error:

"Error: SQLSTATE[28000] [1045] Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO)"

So obviously there are some steps I'm missing.

Is there any documentation on how to do this?

Hi Stepster,

WPB does not explicitly support this scenario, so it's not documented anywhere. We'll have to test it and perform additional development to support it in the upcoming versions. Can you please tell me about your business scenario -- why are you moving your database?

For now I've used the C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\sb\utils\configure.php command to adjust wpb to use a remote database. That appears to be working now.

My reasons for doing this is that I use a combination of Amazon EC2's and their RDS service. I use Amazon RDS to host MySQL databases for other parts of my business and prefer to keep all databases in the same place.

The advantages are that Amazon manage the infrastructure for me, I don't have to worry about patching and security issues. It's monitored and maintained by them. So it makes good sense to keep all databases there rather than worry about managing multiple locations and managing resource for maintianing my own MySQL database server.

Having said that, currently my database for Plesk Panel is local. I'd like to move that over to Aamzon RDS as well, but so far, whenever I've tried, it's failed. Presumably moving this is possible as you provide the tools to do it?

Hi Stepster,

Thank you for sharing these details. Do you know if any other hosters use or would like to use the same scheme?

As far as Plesk DB goes, I'd suggest you to ask this question in Plesk forums.

Back