• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Database server (and sites) hanging during backup

zed2007

Basic Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu 18.04.6 LTS
Plesk version and microupdate number
Version 18.0.49 Update #2
During the backup, the database server hangs. And, accordingly my sites too ( 504 ). Only restarting the database server helps. after one-two days, everything repeats.

DB Server: MariaDB 10.3.38
Plesk Obsidian: Version 18.0.49 Update #2

Does this happen on every single backup, e.g. when you try to backup your server manually?
What is the server load during a backup?
How do you know that the database server hangs, e.g. did you check transactions with strace on the MariaDB (or MySQL) processes?

Thank you very much for your response.
1. No. This is a scheduled backup. After restarting MariaDB for a next few days everything is fine. With manually backup too.
2. looks in order. nothing unusual.
3. I think so because after restarting the database server, my websites come back online. And also the protocol in Plesk indicates a problem with the database. ( screenshot in attachment)

Attachments

• Backup_error.jpg
    Backup_error.jpg
    238.5 KB · Views: 12
  • Plesk_backup.jpg
    Plesk_backup.jpg
    122.9 KB · Views: 12
I think this could be a resource issue with disk space. How much disk space is left on the device and how big is the backup?

This is unlikely. On the server itself 645 Gb (75%) is free. And on the FTP server is also 1.5 Tb free.
Incremental Backup size ~ 6.9 Gb. Full-Backup ~ 53 Gb.

Why is your system attempting an upgrade of the database server? This is not initiated by the Plesk backup routine, neither by any Plesk maintenance script.

Back