• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved date.timezone roundcube 1.2.1-cos7.build1205160809.16

moswak

Regular Pleskian
Hi,

CentOS Linux 7.2.1511
12.5.30 Update #53
roundcube 1.2.1-cos7.build1205160809.16

in error log of roundcube many erroes like
PHP Warning: strtotime(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting

i searched in forum but cannot find soltuion. only manually edit the php.ini
But edit /etc/psa-webmail/roundcube/php.ini is not safe because of Updates.

On my centos6 Servers is date.timezone = Europe/Berlin set in /etc/psa-webmail/roundcube/php.ini
But on my centos7 Servers not.

Should i edit /etc/psa-webmail/roundcube/php.ini ?

Same problem after Upgrade Plesk 12.5.30 Update #53 to 17.0.17 Update #6 on centos7
Roundcube now roundcube1.2.1-cos7.build1700161026.16 but no date.timezone in /etc/psa-webmail/roundcube/php.ini

how to resolve this ?

Hi moswak,

Should i edit /etc/psa-webmail/roundcube/php.ini ?
First, pls. be informed, that these INFORMATIONS are just informations... nothing less and nothing more. It might be misleading, because of "PHP Warning".

... but in fact, the information is completely correct: The administrator of a server should consider to adjust ALL php.ini 's on the server with the correct date/timezone - settings, according to the server location and it's system's timezone settings. ;)

Hi,

>> consider to adjust ALL php.ini 's

ok, missing date.timezone setting in /etc/php.ini
php.ini for Roundcube is generated during psa-roundcube package installation.
can i rebuild php.ini for Roundcube without uninstall/install of roundcube ?

Hi moswak,

don't make it too complicated - Plesk gives you the option to define GLOBAL settings for your Plesk - related php.ini 's.

Pls. go to

=> "Home > Service Plans > YOUR_SERVICE_PLAN_NAME"​

... and define your OWN, UNIQUE settings. These additional, OWN, UNIQUE settings will be used in combination with the GLOBAL settings from your OWN, UNIQUE php.ini 's, which you are able to see ( and as well edit/modify ) at

=> "Home > Tools & Settings > PHP Settings > YOUR_PHP_HANDLER"​

... where your OWN, UNIQUE settings will overwrite the global ones.

Roundcube needs AT LEAST these settings:
Code:
display_errors = Off
log_errors = On
register_globals = Off
zlib.output_compression = Off
magic_quotes_gpc = Off
magic_quotes_runtime = Off
suhosin.session.encrypt = Off
session.auto_start = Off
session.gc_maxlifetime = 21600
session.gc_divisor = 500
session.gc_probability = 1
memory_limit = 64M
post_max_size = 33M
upload_max_filesize = 32M
safe_mode = Off
disable_classes =
disable_functions =
... and all other settings at "/etc/psa-webmail/roundcube/php.ini" will be used from your corresponding php.ini of the used PHP-handler for the domain. ;)

Apart from that, it takes only seconds to remove and install a Plesk component, with the example commands:

plesk installer --select-product-id plesk --select-release-current --remove-component roundcube
plesk installer --select-product-id plesk --select-release-current --install-component roundcube

Available Plesk components and its names can be listed with for example:

plesk installer --select-product-id plesk --select-release-current --show-components --show-options

Back