• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue no login into roundcube after update plesk 12.5 to 17

ESTUGO

Basic Pleskian
Hi there,

after upgrade from plesk 12.5 to 17, customer can not login into roundcube. I see the follow errors in the log:
/var/log/plesk-roundcube/errors

[16-Jan-2017 09:37:28 UTC] PHP Warning: strtotime(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone. in /usr/share/psa-roundcube/program/lib/Roundcube/rcube_session_db.php on line 104

[16-Jan-2017 09:37:28 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Exception' with message 'DateTime::__construct(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.' in /usr/share/psa-roundcube/program/lib/Roundcube/rcube_user.php:523
Stack trace:
#0 /usr/share/psa-roundcube/program/lib/Roundcube/rcube_user.php(523): DateTime->__construct('2016-12-13 16:5...')
#1 /usr/share/psa-roundcube/program/include/rcmail.php(608): rcube_user->is_locked()
#2 /usr/share/psa-roundcube/index.php(118): rcmail->login('info@###-#####...', '#####', 'localhost', true)
#3 {main}
thrown in /usr/share/psa-roundcube/program/lib/Roundcube/rcube_user.php on line 523

After i set "date.timezone = Europe/Berlin" in "/etc/psa-webmail/roundcube/php.ini", the login works.

I think roundcube want to the entry "date.timezone"! The automatically entry "UTC" does not work.

Last edited:
I think that specific PHP warning came into play with an update of PHP. In earlier PHP versions it was not logged at all. Maybe when upgrading to Onyx you have also upgraded OS vendor PHP to a newer version? Anyway, good that you already fixed this.

Back