• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Individual subscription - Roundcube Webmail 500 Internal Server Error

seqoi

Regular Pleskian
Little bit of an issue here. I have 5 subscriptions on my Plesk Onyx server.

Webmail works on all of them - only one particular user is getting this error and can not login to his email

webmail.domainname.something is currently unable to handle this request.

HTTP ERROR 500

I am trying to identify problem with no avail. Server restarted, all seem to be fine - other people on same type of subscription are fine they use webmail (roundcube) just fine. Only this one particular user is having problem.

var/log/plesk-roundcube/error

Code:
[23-Mar-2017 08:20:45 UTC] PHP Warning:  strtotime(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone. in /usr/share/psa-roundcube/program/lib/Roundcube/rcube_session_db.php on line 103
[23-Mar-2017 08:20:45 UTC] PHP Warning:  strtotime(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone. in /usr/share/psa-roundcube/program/lib/Roundcube/rcube_session_db.php on line 104
[23-Mar-2017 08:21:02 UTC] PHP Warning:  strtotime(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone. in /usr/share/psa-roundcube/program/lib/Roundcube/rcube_session_db.php on line 103
[23-Mar-2017 08:21:02 UTC] PHP Warning:  strtotime(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone. in /usr/share/psa-roundcube/program/lib/Roundcube/rcube_session_db.php on line 104
[23-Mar-2017 08:21:04 UTC] PHP Warning:  date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone. in /usr/share/psa-roundcube/program/lib/Roundcube/rcube_utils.php on line 1256
[23-Mar-2017 08:21:04 +0000]: <uscer563> IMAP Error: Login failed for [email protected] from 176.xx.xxx.xxx.(X-Real-IP: 176.xx.xx.xxx.). Authentication failed. in /usr/share/psa-roundcube/program/lib/Roundcube/rcube_imap.php on line 193 (POST /?_task=login&_action=login)
[23-Mar-2017 08:21:04 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught exception 'Exception' with message 'DateTime::__construct(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.' in /usr/share/psa-roundcube/program/lib/Roundcube/rcube_user.php:491
Stack trace:
#0 /usr/share/psa-roundcube/program/lib/Roundcube/rcube_user.php(491): DateTime->__construct('now')
#1 /usr/share/psa-roundcube/program/include/rcmail.php(619): rcube_user->failed_login()
#2 /usr/share/psa-roundcube/index.php(118): rcmail->login('[email protected]...', '%432GerWsxc', 'localhost', true)
#3 {main}
  thrown in /usr/share/psa-roundcube/program/lib/Roundcube/rcube_user.php on line 491

Any clue? Before someone ask - yes i double checked and password i am entering on login is correct one.

I mean it is only this one particular user. Everything else is working, all other subscriptions works...

Update - under same subscription i just created new "test" account and this account can log in perfectly. Everything is working. That being said - what could happen with previous account? User used it for 60 days normally. Is there a way to rebuild account which have issues?

Hi seqoi,

pls. consider to put YOUR unique timezone at "/etc/psa-webmail/roundcube/php.ini".

Example:
Code:
date.timezone = Europe/Berlin

Further informations:
The timezone - settings for the custom php.ini for webmail is taken from your unique additional PHP - settings ( service plans, subscriptions, domains ). Pls. consider to insert the correct timezone and search as well for missing or commented out settings.

Examples to search for current settings in php.ini 's:
Code:
find /etc/php -type f -name "php.ini" -exec grep --color -Hni "date.timezone"  {} \;

find /etc/php5 -type f -name "php.ini" -exec grep --color -Hni "date.timezone"  {} \;

find /opt/plesk/php -type f -name "php.ini" -exec grep --color -Hni "date.timezone"  {} \;

find /etc/psa-webmail -type f -name "php.ini" -exec grep --color -Hni "date.timezone"  {} \;

find //var/www/vhosts -type f -name "php.ini" -exec grep --color -Hni "date.timezone"  {} \;

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi! Just wanted to report here. Customer was providing me (after all) wrong mail password. He (it was she actually) changed it but forgot to mention me that password is changed. Only when i mentioned that i might have Authorization problem she recalled it.

So log files where authentic and i just lost 2 hours for nothing more nothing less then wrong password - LOL :)

UHFF01 thanks for your timezone tip - you are great as usual :)

Back