• Please be aware: Kaspersky Anti-Virus has been deprecated
    With the upgrade to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.64, "Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Servers" will be automatically removed from the servers it is installed on. We recommend that you migrate to Sophos Anti-Virus for Servers.
  • The Horde webmail has been deprecated. Its complete removal is scheduled for April 2025. For details and recommended actions, see the Feature and Deprecation Plan.

Question DB connection on another server

Stef

New Pleskian
Hello,
I have two VPS servers under Plesk hosted at 1&1.
On server "B" I need to connect to a mysql database on server "A".

I authorized remote connections for a user of the database concerned on server A.

But I got this message:
Error !SQLSTATE[HY000] [2002] php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Temporary failure in name resolution

Do you know what to put in host please? I can't find the solution.

Thanking you in advance
Stef

ps: existe-il un forum en français ?

Hello @Stef
I suggest you check if IP address and hostname of server "A" is available from server "B" using network tools (such a curl or telnet) to exclude network issues.
Further there is a small probability that password of database user contains characters (such a ? or " ) that escaped incorrectly, you may check the connection after changing password.

Hello alapshin and thank you for your answer.
So I tested telnet and everything is ok, the ports are open. I can't change my database login password. In the Authentification part, there is the user name indicated but no button to modify the password
On server A I cannot change my password for the connection to the database !
On server B I tried to add a database server on port 3306, username: admin, but I don't know the password. The password for "root" does not work.
Besides, I can't connect to Plesk with administrator because I don't know this password. Login possible only with root

Hello @Stef
You may also inspect your .env file and check if everything specified correctly, it might be helpful to change DB_HOST parameter/ Specify IP address of the server A instead of hostname

Back