• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question DB connection on another server

Stef

New Pleskian
Hello,
I have two VPS servers under Plesk hosted at 1&1.
On server "B" I need to connect to a mysql database on server "A".

I authorized remote connections for a user of the database concerned on server A.

But I got this message:
Error !SQLSTATE[HY000] [2002] php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Temporary failure in name resolution

Do you know what to put in host please? I can't find the solution.

Thanking you in advance
Stef

ps: existe-il un forum en français ?

Hello @Stef
I suggest you check if IP address and hostname of server "A" is available from server "B" using network tools (such a curl or telnet) to exclude network issues.
Further there is a small probability that password of database user contains characters (such a ? or " ) that escaped incorrectly, you may check the connection after changing password.

Hello alapshin and thank you for your answer.
So I tested telnet and everything is ok, the ports are open. I can't change my database login password. In the Authentification part, there is the user name indicated but no button to modify the password
On server A I cannot change my password for the connection to the database !
On server B I tried to add a database server on port 3306, username: admin, but I don't know the password. The password for "root" does not work.
Besides, I can't connect to Plesk with administrator because I don't know this password. Login possible only with root

Hello @Stef
You may also inspect your .env file and check if everything specified correctly, it might be helpful to change DB_HOST parameter/ Specify IP address of the server A instead of hostname

Back