• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved DB query failed: SQLSTATE[HY000] [2002] No such file or directory

ServerObserver

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
CentOS 7.9.2009
Plesk version and microupdate number
I just attempted to update my install from 18.0.40 to 18.0.43 and since I have not been able to connect to the server externally. That means websites don't load but more importantly I am unable to SSH in via Putty. I have to use the the server side VNC client provided by my VPS host to access CLI locally. Unfortunately this means the client is HTML5 based so I have to hand copy all errors :confused: For this reason I am unable to copy longer outputs completely, and I am unable to connect to the server to download anything. All back-ups are stored locally, however I am unsure how to list them out in order to proceed to a restore.

plesk repair all -y
responds
DB query failed: SQLSTATE[HY000] [2002] No such file or directory

systemctl status mysql.service
responds
Process: 28909 ExecStart=/etc/rc.d/init.d/mysql start {code=exited, status=1/FALURE) mysql [28909]: ./etc/rc.d/init.d/mysql: line 263: kill: (28932) - No such process mysql [28909]: ERROR! systemd[1]: mysql.service: control process exited, code=exited status=1 systemd[1]: Failed to start LSB: start and stop MariaDB systemd[1]: Unit mysql.service entered failed state. systemd[1]: myslq.service failed

df -h
responded with nothing above 24% usage.

stopped and started MariaDB without resolution.

I have tried yum update however it failed to resolve

My options seem limited due to my inability to SSH in remotely and I am unsure where to proceed from here.

Can you ssh in after stopping the psa-firewall ?
Code:
systemctl status psa-firewall.service
systemctl stop psa-firewall.service

Hi Dave,

Thanks for your help. Stopping the firewall did not effect my ability to ssh. I lacked time to really mess around too long with it, so I wiped the server and started again. All of the mission critical mails were backed up, so I guess it just gives me cause to redo all of the websites from scratch in an improved way. They were looking a bit tired anyway I guess.

Back