• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please beaware of a breaking change in the REST API on the next Plesk release (18.0.62).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62, requests to REST API containing the Content-Type header with a media-type directive other than “application/json” will result in the HTTP “415 Unsupported Media Type” client error response code. Read more here

Question db restore

ybelevi

New Pleskian
Hello,
i've problem with my crushed server

Raid 5 (3 disks) is installed on my server and one disk failed. I replaced this disk and rebuid it. Afterwards, my server started not opening in rescue mode. I took the image of the server and started working externally, trying to save the database inside. I have some questions about this, I would be happy if you could answer them.

on the image

- When I try to mount the partition directly, I get a file system error.
mount /dev/sdb2 /mnt/disk/
mount: /mnt/disk: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/sdb2, missing codepage or helper program, or other error.
dmesg(1) may have more information after failed mount system call.

- When I fix it with fsck, most files are thrown under the lostnfound folder

The db name I want to recover is natest

1. There are no files under /var/lib/mysql/natest folder
2. under the following folder
/var/lib/psa/dumps/clients/domain.com/databases/natest/
There are files starting with backup_sqldump, but when I try to extract them and open them under Windows, I get an error (with winrar or peazip or 7 zip)

What should I do to open these files or is there a different method you would recommend?

Thank you for your help.

Thanks for the answer,
the problem continues. When I apply what is written, the approximately 60 MB tzst backup file gives the following error.
pzstd: -: Unknown frame descriptor.
tar: Unexpected EOF in archive
tar: Error is not recoverable: exiting now

but it parses another backup file that I don't need. I get errors in all backup files. I know this is not a disk problem. What other suggestions do you have?

Hello

I took the image of the broken server and opened it externally. One of the server's raid 5 disks failed and we replaced it and did a raid rebuild from the bios. But the server did not open (with grub rescue error), so we want to take an image, create backups elsewhere, and install the main server again.
Why not upload the file to the server and use tar to unpack it there?

Whatever, but why can't you simply use tar on your server to unpack the backup file? The solution is described in the KB article.

Why not upload the file to the server and use tar to unpack it there?
Hello
I already did that and wrote the result.

pzstd: -: Unknown frame descriptor.
tar: Error is not recoverable: exiting now

What's the exact command line you are using to unpack? Did you add the zstd option?

In this case the error means that the zstd file is not a zstd file. It is either corrupt or it is a regularly packed file in gzip format, but with a wrong extension. If you have uploaded it through FTP, it is also thinkable, that it was not uploaded in binary format, but ASCII format, which might have corrupted the upload by adding or removing line break characters.

Back