• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

db_admin_name is not being not changed

V

vma

Hello,

I have a fresh install of SiteBuilder 4.5 and I am having problems to configure it.

I am trying to change the admin name for my database. I am using a name different as root. The command:

# sb_config --db_admin_name adminuser --db_admin_passwd ********

Returns with:

Logs saved to /usr/local/sitebuilder/tmp/sb_config-0902170651.log

But, then, when I try to change --sb_db_admin_name, sb_config returns with the message:

[FATAL] Could not connect to database: Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO)

I understand as per my 1st command SiteBuilder should be using adminuser as the user and the password I provided instead NO password.

Any idea?

Thanks in advance

Victor Marquez

UPDATE:

Just loged-in to my database server and found that sitebuilder3 database has been created. Also, there is a new user 'sitebuilder_db'.

So, SiteBuilder used it's own user / password / database name. Now I am not sure if didi this when I instructed sb to use an specific user/password for db admin or if did it before, during the rpm install.

I'd like to use my own parameters for database name / user / password.

Thank you

Victor Marquez

It looks like default values were not updated for MySQL admin user name and password. You can check it by running 'sb_config --help'.

Try to update following values with Mysql admin user and password in /usr/local/sitebuilder/utils/SB/Defaults.pm file (safe this file, just in case, before any modifications):

'db_admin_name' => "root",
'db_admin_passwd' => "",

After that run the command one more time.

Back