• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Debian 6 (Squeeze) stable

Igor may want to correct this if its a different situation than upgrading from etch to lenny, however I frequently have upgraded Etch to Lenny (4 to 5) with an existing Plesk installation.

Simply adding the autoinstall.plesk.com source to your /etc/apt/sources.list file when performing the distribution upgrade works perfectly. For example, I used:
when upgrading from etch to lenny, and I would imagine using something along the lines of:

Would also work when performing the aptitude safe-upgrade and full-upgrade.

However, if there is some primary difference between the new 10.2 version and previous ones, this may not be possible.

Kevin

Igor may want to correct this if its a different situation than upgrading from etch to lenny, however I frequently have upgraded Etch to Lenny (4 to 5) with an existing Plesk installation.

Simply adding the autoinstall.plesk.com source to your /etc/apt/sources.list file when performing the distribution upgrade works perfectly. For example, I used:

when upgrading from etch to lenny, and I would imagine using something along the lines of:

Would also work when performing the aptitude safe-upgrade and full-upgrade.

However, if there is some primary difference between the new 10.2 version and previous ones, this may not be possible.

Kevin

Sadly there is no auto install for 10.2 or I would be trying it right now (hints to the staff here if they want someone to test this)

Will openSuSE 11.4 also be supported? Was released round about when Debian 6.x was released. Would be great, because you will drop the support for the very old openSuSE Versions, so i'd like to upgrade to the newest version.

That's great, finally we get support for newest openSuSE OSes, thank you, you're great! Do you know how long we will still have to wait?

I couldn't wait. So we took the fresh copy of Debian 5-minimum (64bit) and upgraded it to Debian 6-minimum (64bit) and then installed Plesk 10.2. We did a custom install of Plesk, as the default install wants to use Qmail and we have always found Postfix to be more stable (personal opinion)

The only thing that isn't working of course is the update option, but we expect that to change (hopefully) after the release.

We found only 2 small typo's and I'm not 100% sure if it was Plesk or our own software we installed after.

PHP Deprecated: Comments starting with '#' are deprecated in /etc/php5/cli/conf.d/ming.ini on line 1 in Unknown on line 0
PHP Deprecated: Comments starting with '#' are deprecated in /etc/php5/cli/conf.d/ps.ini on line 1 in Unknown on line 0

Fixing this was as simple as changing # into //. After doing a quick Google search though, this is common bug and we believe it may have been over looked.

For our own needs, we did increase the default values in:

suhosin.post.max_vars
suhosin.request.max_vars
suhosin.request.max_varname_length

As the default values in Plesk are always to low (wish they would correct that).

Everything else is working and without issue.

Last edited by a moderator:
I couldn't wait. So we took the fresh copy of Debian 5-minimum (64bit) and upgraded it to Debian 6-minimum (64bit) and then installed Plesk 10.2. We did a custom install of Plesk, as the default install wants to use Qmail and we have always found Postfix to be more stable (personal opinion)

The only thing that isn't working of course is the update option, but we expect that to change (hopefully) after the release.

We found only 2 small typo's and I'm not 100% sure if it was Plesk or our own software we installed after.

PHP Deprecated: Comments starting with '#' are deprecated in /etc/php5/cli/conf.d/ming.ini on line 1 in Unknown on line 0
PHP Deprecated: Comments starting with '#' are deprecated in /etc/php5/cli/conf.d/ps.ini on line 1 in Unknown on line 0

Fixing this was as simple as changing # into //. After doing a quick Google search though, this is common bug and we believe it may have been over looked.

For our own needs, we did increase the default values in:

suhosin.post.max_vars
suhosin.request.max_vars
suhosin.request.max_varname_length

As the default values in Plesk are always to low (wish they would correct that).

Everything else is working and without issue.

For fun and just to see if it could be done... I found out that Plesk 10.2 will also work using the current Debian Wheezy / Sid (Testing builds). Also without error.

Do not know what they are waiting for to release this, but I have not found any bugs as of yet.

We strongly do not recommend to use this pre-release version in production.

i accidentially upgraded to debian 6.0 squeeze - but i need to use plesk ;-) so i tried to install plesk 10.2

I almost got trough except the missing package sw-engine-2.0-8.201103011119.debian60 -- i can't install it .. i think there is no source for it ..

anyone knows how to install Plesk 10.2 properly ?

thx

What packages had you installed with Plesk?

Also did you accept the default setups for Debian, during the upgrade?

Was this already a working system or a fresh install?

before i had Debian Lenny with Plesk 10.1.0 ..
then the accidential upgrade to Debian Squeeze .. and here i am ;-)
i tried to used the autoinstaller in different configs .. (full install, minimal install, custom install and so on ..)
and i installed missing packages e.g. apache2 mod for python -- anyhow i can't install the sw-engine2.0-8 ... debian60 package - the autoinstaller doesn't it by itself or doesn't get through .. and i also can't manually install it.

my problem is to get a working plesk panel back ;-) .. for myself it's unimportant wheter it's plesk 10.1.0 with debian lenny or 10.2 with squeeze - it just should work anyhow =D
but you know .. downgrading squeeze is impossible so i'm stuck with this .. there are also important user data on the server so i can't just wipe it and install debian lenny -- well .. if you show me a good and easy way to backup all Plesk data (config, user data, domains, databases, mailaccounts, ...) it would work for me too ..

at last -> sry for my poor english skills - but i hope you understand the key facts ..

thanks
futuretec

Right.
You can install 10.2 on Debian 6.0 and migrate your Plesk from old installation on Debian 5.0.

Will there also be the possibility to install 10.2 on an existing server with Debian 5 and after that upgrade Debian to 6.0?

yes, it´s possible - but my experience showed that there will be some issues, that cause some hours of work to get them fixed ...

i prefer the way of backup data, setup clean Debian 6 and install 10.2

I also prefer clean install of debian squeeze , but i get the following error when using apt-get install psa
The following packages have unmet dependencies:
psa : Depends: pp-sitebuilder (>= 5.2.0) but it is not installable
E: Broken packages

/etc/apt/sources.list
deb http://autoinstall.plesk.com/debian/PSA_10.2.0 squeeze all

Back