• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Debian 9: Automatic backup no longer works after dist-upgrade

omexlu

Regular Pleskian
Hello @IgorG and others,

Yesterday I upgraded from Debian 8 to Debian 9, since then the automatic daily backups do not work anymore.

What can I do to solve the problem?
Code:
#ls -l /etc/cron.d/plesk-backup-manager-task
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 111 Feb 28  2017 /etc/cron.d/plesk-backup-manager-task

#cat /etc/cron.d/plesk-backup-manager-task
14,29,44,59    *    *    *    *    root [ -x /opt/psa/admin/sbin/backupmng ] && /opt/psa/admin/sbin/backupmng >/dev/null 2>&1

EDIT: I just created a manual (incremental) backup for testing purposes, this works without problems.

EDIT: I just run the crontab-execute in CLI and get this error ( [ -x /opt/psa/admin/sbin/backupmng ] && /opt/psa/admin/sbin/backupmng ):
Code:
backupmng: Unable to connect to Plesk Database: Access denied for user 'admin'@'localhost' (using password: YES)
System error 11: Resource temporarily unavailable
backupmng: Unable to connect to Plesk Database: Access denied for user 'admin'@'localhost' (using password: YES)
backupmng: Unable to connect to the mysql database

backupmng: Unable to connect to the mysql database

Login with mysql -uadmin -p`cat /etc/psa/.psa.shadow` works, dont understand, also plesk db works.

EDIT: plesk repair all is OK too.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Hello,

I finally found a solution to this problem, I simply generated a new password for the admin login, so the admin password for mysql will be adjusted and the '/etc/psa/.psa.shadow' will be changed.

I don't know why after the upgrade this problem with the database came up with the backup manager because everything else worked.

Now it works again, you can find the solution on these two pages (the second page was not necessary for me):
 How to get/reset lost Plesk Administrator password in Plesk for Linux
Unable to access Plesk on Linux after manually changing the MySQL "admin" password: Access denied for user 'admin'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

I have executed '/opt/psa/admin/sbin/backupmng' manually and this works, lets see if it work tomorrow as autoamtic :)

Back